“EASY, DELICIOUS PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FAT BOMBS! GREAT FOR WEIGHT LOSS, CURBING APPETITE, KETO DIETS AND SATISFYING YOUR SWEET TOOTH!”
FAT BOMBS!!! Because sometimes…..you just need to calm your chocolate craving.
Have you ever heard of fat bombs? Sounds pretty gross if you ask me but it’s actually a delicious little snack/food made from healthy fats. A lot of people use these high-fat morsels when they are doing keto diets, paleo diets, Atkins, or some other low carb-calorie diet. I don’t use these fat bombs in that way though.
HOW I USE FAT BOMBS
I use these peanut butter chocolate fat bombs to tide me over between meals and to satisfy my raging sweet tooth. They are high in healthy fat so I ONLY have 1 or 2 on days when I’m really fighting the urge to eat 3 slices of cake 🙂
I like to give them to my children to curb their sweet tooth and to get our Wildtree Shake nutrients in a snack! See labels of the extremely nutrient dense Wildtree Shakes here.
If you’re using these as part of your Keto-diet and not just as an appetite suppressor (which is how I use it) then you’ll want to use a Keto-friendly sweetener. Now depending on who you ask, some folks say that agave and pure maple are keto-friendly. I’m not even getting into that debate!
WHY COCONUT OIL IS THE BOMB!!
- Helps the body fight off disease and viruses, including yeast, fungus, and candida.
- Boosts and restores thyroid function and control blood sugar.
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Helps the body burn energy, abdominal fat.
- Balances hormones, moods.
- A zillion other things
You have to keep these peanut butter chocolate fat bombs in the fridge since they begin to melt at room temperature. Whenever you are having an intense sugar craving or feeling a bit hungry in between meals or snacks, pop one of these babies! They simply melt on the tongue and are pretty darn satisfying.
WAIT!! DON’T TRASH IT!
The mixture won’t taste all that great while you’re making them. Remember this isn’t a candy bar. Don’t taste it while you cooking it because you may be tempted to throw it out. Don’t do that! Go ahead and follow through with the recipe. They taste a bit sweeter once they are set (and you can add more sweetener to fit your taste).
I guess I was expecting some intense milk chocolatey tasting truffle. Just don’t go in expecting Godiva and you’ll be just fine.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bomb Recipe
- ½ cup organic Wildtree Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Organic peanut butter or almond butter (with less than 5 grams of sugar)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Wildtree Shake- Chocolate
- 2-4 tablespoons Agave (or sweetened to taste)
- I used our own honey 🙂
- If using these in a Keto diet you’ll need to go with a keto-friendly sweetener. Just sweeten to taste)
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large skillet over low heat melt coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Stir in Wildtree Shake- Chocolate.
- Stir in sweetener – agave or honey, etc.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract if using.
- Pour into a spouted cup to make pouring easier.
- Pour mixture into silicone candy molds.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Remove from molds and store in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Eat one fat bomb to curb the appetite or satisfy your sweet tooth.